Q5: Should I prepare my insurance coverage in my home country?

A: International students on 1-semester exchange program are strongly recommended to arrange their own general & medical insurance coverage in their home country for their stay in Taiwan. If students have difficulty in arranging insurance before departure, they can consider the option of joining the Foreign Students Health Insurance at their own expense after arriving at MCU.
International students on 1-year exchange program, who have been staying in Taiwan for more than 6 months and already been issued the Alien Residence Certificate (ARC), can join the National Health Insurance, the healthcare system in Taiwan, at their own expense.